10.10.2008

never to grow old...

I went to the local knife show today...
...and for the first time in 7 years I went without a friend of mine. It was not so much a big deal that he went to Texas to get married, but really, today, it hit home that I missed him.

When I saw an old school knife I would get really excited, but many of my local buds now were into the newer "en vogue" stuff, they just didn't get it.. I really did feel alone. these are some of the things ya miss when time passes by.

I hear from a few of my older friends how they really felt sad when their friends slowly were dying, leaving them behind, and it seems like a curse to be of remarkably good health and to last a fruitful old age.

I think I slowly understand somewhat how they feel.

Always treasure your friends - because something out there can take them away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, sir, amen.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home