6.27.2014

everything is beautiful!

OH NO, JOJO!


...if your life is perfect, then do not risk CHANGE...

I keep on banging my head against the wall every Friday.  At first I wasn't impressed with the (lower) quality direction of the TV animation (compared to the immortal 1990s OVAs) of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but as time goes by I can't help but smile and laugh at the guilty pleasure.  Why did it take 30 20 YEARS for this masterpiece to be animated (again) in its entirety.?!?

I have to admit, after watching part 2 of JoJo, I began to REALLY like the character of Joseph Joestar (perfect voice actor), and the TV anime really brings out the character of the old man that wasn't in the OVAs.  The voice actor for Joseph (Bunta from Initial D, ofcourse) seemed weird, but he does a great emulation of Joseph from Part 2 - much respect - he's not a one trick pony.

I will forgive you guys for not using the seiyuus from 1992.

3 Comments:

Anonymous yuuu~ said...

I'll be the first to admit that I've been nothing but pleased thus far with the show. Yeah, some of the animation is lower quality, especially by today's standards (crazy to see how something as pretty as, say, Attack on Titan on tv these days), but it has all the smart bits that really count and they've stayed extremely faithful to the comic. In fact, and I don't know if you've heard yet, but they will apparently continue being nigh 100% faithful, because news says they will cut NO stands/confrontations and the SC arc anime is actually going to last for the rest of the freakin' year! 8D So awesome! I hope this trend continues :3

Been reading your continuation of Purple btw, keep up the good work :3

11:53 PM  
Anonymous yuuu~ said...

and here's the source: https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/statuses/479965937144057856

FOUR seasons of Stardust Crusaders! 8D What is this madness?!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

I knew I could count on you to chime in Yuu : )
Some things don't translate too well to Anime I supposed.. Blade of the Immortal is a good example. I had such high hopes for that anime since I followed the manga religiously.
Overall I grew to fall in love with the JoJo TV anime again. The news of it being a no cut totally blows my mind. Those kinds of numbers as far as episode count seems to be reserved for mainstream stuff..

Ah yes, the void that Attack on Titan and Kuroko's Basketball left (since it seems like forever since the last season ended) can be filled again.

I am very happy that Purple continued to entertain you as much as I had fun dusting it off and "fleshing it out".

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home