9.29.2010

Endless Rain

ENDLESS RAIN, FALL ON MY HEART kokoro no kizu ni
LET ME FORGET ALL OF THE HATE, ALL OF THE SADNESS...

...it does not matter how much pain we felt at that time, as long as Toshi sang those words - I knew that everything would be alright...

To be able to finally see these guys live, and to be able to sing their songs with them, it just takes me back and I instantly felt 12 years younger - wishing that time would stop. What a wonderful opportunity and a great feeling.

The Oakland crowd was quite tame in the 'seated area' (not mosh pit) where I sat - sad but expected. Except for the two girls up front (one with a red dress and feather boa) who rocked from beginning to end. Wished everyone else around me was like them.

In the very small approximately 2000 person theatre...
I had only two regrets.. one - that the crowd was not as wild where I sat; and secondly, that I did not memorize the lyrics to KURENAI.

I always wondered if X Japan had a chorus with them when they sang in concerts when they sang Kurenai for example.. now I realize it was their audience providing the back up vocals (which we sucked). Magnificent!!

...but it was all OK when they came back for their encore and sang ENDLESS RAIN. The evening would not have been complete without that. I would've refused to leave unless they sang that one song.

"we broke up 12 years ago - I think Hi-de brought us back together again... Hi-de loves you too." -Yoshiki.

Yes, I sang ENDLESS RAIN until my throat bled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe_ANbDg6rs


"..as vigilant you may be to face the future... but if I cannot turn back time, then I shall assure you, that I will endure to make [yesterday] and [today] one and the same..."
-S. Ching Theatre (the ultimate truth)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous yuuu~ said...

I was in America when they had a concert in HK. Now I'm in fucking HK when they have a concert in America!!! @#$#@%@#%!!!

Geezus, I can't believe you got to see them live. Words cannot describe my jealousy... ^^

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Yeah dude. Not much to say except you missed out ;) it was a great drug.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home