1.07.2006

MAD PSYCHO PROJECT

CLOSE YOUR EYES

tonight was a pretty slow night for me... I usually do not like staying home and sitting in front of the computer (but I was pretty tired to run around the block and I wanted to get away from Resident Evil 4), but I cracked open some manga I wanted to read.. I chose MPD (Multiple Personality Detective) PSYCHO. As always I get hooked easily and ended up liking this series. The art style is beautiful and to me the GORE hits with a punch and twists my stomach. Still despite all that I am drawn to the story style.


The story pacing is disjointed, confusing yet intelligent. Pretty much, the manga style I want to inspire towards : ) (or maybe what I have been accused for trying too hard to be, if you call that a bad thing)



I am reminded how I stare at the walls... what happens next?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was able to read more japanese back when I saw MPD in Japan. crazy stuff. I still remember the naked chick who had tournaquets around all four limbs that were cut off and placed in a tub. uwa~ ^^

and dude, go to the new tong~ ^^

12:58 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Yeah that scene had a lot of impact. Sometimes its hard to keep up with the personalities tho I have to take notes : )

(off to the tong)

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you're the second respected person who has professed an affection for MPD Psycho...I know that the anime's coming out in the US, so maybe I'll give that a closer look. (I haven't heard anything about anyone bringing the manga over, but I'm out of the loop and could be totally mistaken.)

--J.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

J... omanga isa GRETA resource.. if you have trouble downloading or finding it just let me know and I can hook you up. it's lots of shockin disjointed stoyrtelling fun.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went to Omanga and got everything they had of MPDP, plus the Ice Blade text translations and Leviathan, just for the hell of it...:) I still have to read through all of it, though. Thanks for dropping the link, Sensoo! That place rocks. XD

--J.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home