10.02.2006

fulfill your promise of 4 years ago...

A Japanese friend of mine, Toshi-san pointed me to this page:
http://www.pirelabladedesign.com/Pages/purchase.html

He guessed correctly that it was concept art (and I guess officially FIRST commission) I did for my friend and gifted designer, Joel Pirela - long story short, 4 years ago he liked this concept art of mine, but I hated it. So I did this revision...



Joel didn't like it, and ironically, he liked my first pose MUCH better. I was so frustrated that I couldn't finish the first pose right that I just abandoned the project.

4+ years later... (crosses fingers - I still don't like it >_<)
I sometimes feel that there is something holding me back. Maybe there is a deep seated block in my mind for me to fulfill ths promise whether he still wants it or not.



...if I finish this, will I be free of this block in my mind and heart??
If only for a moment?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel was right. The original pose convey a sense of _resolution_ that the revision lack.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think of it this way, try to revise the old one. Even if you don't like anything about your revision of the original pic, the guy likes it how it is. So you won't be doing him any disservice by trying to make it better, if he's unhappy with the result he'll still be happy with the original.

And while your new picture looks cool (spikey haird ninja yay!) the first one just gives off the feeling...like a sense of purpose. A word that the second one makes me think of is conviction...but in any case...

Try out the revision, then when its all said and done (in another 4 years) you can say 'at least I tried'.

- Gregg

5:31 AM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Well I showed Joel my latest revision (the bottom pic in this post) and it's a go. : )
Now I just gotta get off my procrastination - tho the pencils are done and that is more than half the battle.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pics! The top one emphasizes the knife more (which seems to be the purpose), but I feel that the 2nd is a more balanced piece of art. There's a sense of purpose that the first pic seems to lack. And the pencil work is simply awesome :3

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home