4.29.2007

80s old time

Since I didn't feel like drawing tonight, I chummed YOUTUBE for what I thought was some of the best 80s cartoons of all time. (wrap your head around that?) The reason boys are not men nowadays is because they are too concerned about frivolous things like "global warming", "Is George W Bush a role model" and "political correctness". But hey - that is just my silly redneck opinion : )
With no stern role models to worry about boys swerve into a different path.

Without further ado - the PsychoShonen top 10 80s shows (cartoons except one live action) of all time...

10: Galaxy Ranger
9: Saber Rider & the Star Sherrifs
8: Thunder Cats
7: He-Man
6: Kamen Rider Black
5: Saint Seiya
4: GI Joe
3: Transformers
2: Daimos
1: Voltes V

...it was a simpler time where you just had to fight for justice and when the theme song came on - you KNEW that the bad guy was going down.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about this all day yesterday, but realized upon further research that I don't have enough shows to fill a top-ten (my parents didn't really give me more free tv reign until the 90s... ^^;;;). Bah!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

A minor technicality : )
If you watched Transformers then it counts as long as the cartoon is 80's era/originally aired.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but I don't think I have enough shows to put down there, period. ^.^; For an 80s list, I would put down Saint Seiya, Transformers, G.I.Joe, Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors to us Yanks. I totally loved this show, even in badly dubbed English :3), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (dude, no American could resist this show at the time :3), and The Real Ghostbusters, but my mind goes blank after that. ^^; Honestly, I either simply didn't get the time to watch 80s shows (both now and in my childhood) or never sought them out. I think Saint Seiya is really the only one I actively made an effort to see post broadcast. ^^;

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would count this one up there in the top ten...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pwwhZHERlG4

It is a personal favorite of mine. And where the heck is Gatchman in your top ten, huh?

Hope to catch up with you one day for vicious game of full contact ping pong!

Saw a preview of the movie Balls Of Fury... looks awesome!

Peace out.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Yuu.. well I heard that Ronin warrior was REALLY big but I never got to watch it much : B I am surprised I phased out on Real Ghostbustersand TMNT.. I LOVED those and have the toys to prove it. So difficult >_<

Shmoopie.. I hope you are doing well bro. Sorry no Gatchaman - no giant robots : ) which cost it a standing in my attention span.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE, how could you forget TMNT? It had ninjas AND an awesome theme song! 8D

I saw RW when it was broadcast in the states in the mid-90s. The voices were absolutely atrocious, but damned if I didn't love that show and watch it every day. Ohoho, it may have been a total Saint Seiya ripoff, but the concept was awesome to me at the time. :D

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm just a little older... casue there is no way I'd leave Speed Racer (Mach Go Go Go) out of my top ten list... not real 80's when it originally aired in Japan, but i watched it in the 80's in the States... Theres also Robotech (Macross)...

T

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home