8.22.2004

...what would you do [TODAY];

if you knew you could NEVER fail?

...just came back from Vegas, surprisingly I didn't have as exciting time as I did in the past 13 years... much like knife collecting, I think I need a new outlook on things. I did some sketching and thinking (blah blah blah) which seemed to help. I spent most of my time arcading. I played more INITIAL D arcade and got challenged by some guys in fighting games (o ho ho ho ^0^ I guess an old fart can still make you relize...) - got a thrill out of that - but not so much.. just spent time listening to local SKA bands. (I dont even know what that means... but enjoyed it immensely)


WHAT DID:

  • I learned more initial D arcade moves, and challenged a SKYLINE GTR guy who overtook me on the straightway eventho I had a lead on my super ultra cute and wonderful yellow RX7.. (BOO) - can you say STREET FIGHTER 2 w/ DEEJAY? or GUILE INVISIBLE THROW?? (if you know what this 3rd world county reference is, or what a WAYFERER is then you ROCK.)
  • I met a guy who looked like PSYCHOKICK's younger brother? (I have to email him)... note...
  • I have to eat red meat as much as I can before I get older than snot. (and die.. w/c is NOT good, BTW.)
  • WANGAN MIDNIGHT (maximum tune) is CHEAP and an RX7 cornering near-perfect can't beat a Mitsu EVO... PERIOD. (but I have to admit my Bro beat me on that so - he rocks on his choice).


    I'm posting a sketch and preliminary chara design for a new idea [Tensai (meaning GENIUS or Heaven sent) & Z.] and Z. whatever hapens next will be a mystery...


    I still need to work on some PURPLE : D

  • 10 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    out of question, what was exactly was the 44xx project? ^^

    Yuuu~

    4:38 PM  
    Blogger Sniperboy said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    8:06 PM  
    Blogger Sniperboy said...

    Hey Yuu : D good to see you're safe and sound in Wisconsin. I do hope the beer and cheese is good ^_^.

    The 44XX project was the first story I ever thought out back in 1993 when I started drawing in the anime style, called "Future War". I never developed it cause one of the story arcs in it became MonsteRock Band 95 and I kinda got enthralled with that.
    : p

    44XX has since become JUDAS GOSPEL which I started to co-authour with Irina, but hasn't really gotten anywhere.. I will post the pages again someday.

    8:10 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been wondering what you were doing in Vegas--was it just a vacation, or did you go there with some other purpose? o.o

    I dig the chara design on the right. Makes me want to try combining chokers or collars with the shirt and tie...:) (Most of my RL fashion sense is ganked from your characters anyway. Maybe someday I can figure out how to make myself look cel-shaded, and then I'll be perfect. ;))

    Johnny Holiday in 1969? O_O That creates an interesting train of thought...^.^

    1929: I remember one taxi sequence in PBA, but that doesn't mean there aren't others...now I need to look even closer. That was the series you were talking about here, right?

    Red meat is probably really good for you--just make sure not to die before me. o_o

    I remember seeing four pages of Judas Gospel on your old website a long time ago, but I never archived them. The storyline sounded cool from your descriptions at the time, though. :)

    *waves to Yuu*

    Ex Animo
    J.

    6:15 AM  
    Blogger Sniperboy said...

    Thanks as always : ) (bow).

    Bonifacio is on the left and "Z" is on the right... Z ofcourse, is the 1969 J. Holiday... I have no idea what the story is yet tho : p but 1969, lots of stuff to work with - also a good time when Japanese underdog cars were being released in America.. like the Mazda Cosmo Sport.

    I don't think this will be a car story but it might help for me to brush up on my mech drawing.

    I usually go to Vegas every year with family.. my father likes the place very much (and the food is very very good) and we got tired of Disneyland very quickly : ). This year was pretty blah tho - sadly.

    Johnny Holiday the taxi driver never officialy made it to PBA but I had plans for a cameo or two or three.

    NOTE TO SELF:
    - DIG OUT JUDAS GOSPEL STUFF.

    9:59 AM  
    Blogger Sniperboy said...

    BTW J. let me know what you think of the choker and tie combo.. I would think a thick leather collar would not be very comfortable there.. (I don't think collars look too good on me, but I haven't worn one in ages : p)

    Probably a thin spectra/kevlar (cut resistant) choker might be more comfortable and more practical for our superhero purposes.

    10:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the tie and choker combo is very cool ^^

    and I'd love to see some of the Judas Gospel stuff if you still have it, I must have missed it the first time around ><;

    Yuuu~

    12:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Z/Johnny is the one on the right? Wow, what a makeover! :) Is this his natural hair color, meaning that he bleached it for his other appearances, or is it a temp job that's only for the 60's? Awesome...

    Ah, I wasn't thinking about cars in my imaginings of the possible plotlines...I was actually thinking about pot, hippies, and free [LOVE]...^____^;;

    LIL' FURIO: Did you hunt demons back in the 60's too, Mr. Holiday?
    JH: Of course... But back then, [15 YEARS AGO], about half of them were just really bad [L_S_D] flashbacks. Great parties, though.

    But cars are good too! ^_^

    So does anybody in the family gamble in Vegas, or did you guys give up on that after a while?

    Perhaps the Taxi Johnny cameo can happen when Yuu does his PBA seg at some point. :) That, and maybe a couple nonsensical panels where a bagpiper gets his brains blown out.

    Ex Animo
    J.

    7:38 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Argh, forgot to put this all in one comment...

    S-kun:
    Even though a good chunk of my fashion sense came from you, I'm also a scifi/fantasy geek, so my aesthetics are a little bit contaminated. :)

    IMO, there are thin leather collars that probably wouldn't feel too bad, since the shirt's worn open. There's always suede if the normal stuff is too harsh on the skin. I like your idea of the cutproof material, given the utility that you mentioned. ^^

    Speaking only for myself, I'd probably go for something like black crocodile leather, little matte-black pieces of plate metal held together with small chain links, or very fine chainmail in glossy black ("fairy mail," which looks like shiny cloth from a distance). I personally favor the last one. But my chara designs are overcomplicated and impractical...^^;;

    Probably the kevlar would be a better bet. :)

    Yuu-kun:
    IIRC, JG was four pages, no dialogue, pencil sketches on a black field with a little bit of red text. It was buried at the bottom of S's manga page back on PSI.

    What I also miss is all that MRB fanart that died with PSI. I'm still kicking myself for not archiving all of Sparks' l33t material from back then. XP

    Ex Animo
    J.

    8:32 AM  
    Blogger Sniperboy said...

    VEGAS - my father enjoys playing cards and for the first few years of me going to Vegas I enjoyed playing God of Gamblers too. It helped forge my self control and was rather exciting. This year was so so.. the food was always good tho. I spent most of my time as I mentioned in bars listening to local bands playing 90s music ^_^ that and arcading.

    JUDAS GOSPEL - I am sure I have it somewhere once I update my illustrations page I will make a sub page with some old school stuff. If not then I will post here for nostalgia's sake.

    MRB Fanart - Yes SPARKY'S MRB95 and PBA fanart is definitely L33Tazoid I know I have it archived and will rebuild.. something to do. I leave the Johnny Holiday cameo in PBA to Yuuu then. ^___^


    the mystery of Z - Yes. Z (JH.1969) is on the right. Keep in mind Z will not be necessarily named "JOHNNY" (actually I am pretty sure it won't be). Like Giorgio Holiday (Broken) the relationship between the characters is not clearly defined.

    ...and yes I agree with you on the collar idea. The linked hi polish blackened plate is a very inventive yet not overdone (I like your fashion sense!). Not as "cool" or "gadgetty", but definitely more practical and easily obtainable than spectra/kevlar. If I am not mistaken, specially woven Spectra/Kevlar, while relatively slashproof is not necessarily stabproof. I will have to research that as there is a lot of BS marketting and myths that go around in that part of the world.

    ...anyways I need more RED BULL now.. or some food. Huuungry.
    >______<

    10:47 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home