3.29.2005

my shoulders're tired...

IMAGINE PULLING A LEVER 200times/2hours
I just spent a great bit of the evening reloading (ie. making/building) 100, count em, 100 - .45 ACP bullets... from components. While I find it worthwhile and exhiliarating to reload my own .308 rifle rounds for accuracy (PLUS saving money), I wonder about pistol bullets - just that pistol shooting that I do is not exactly pinpoint marksmanship - so I am thinking - is my time worth $5.00/hour considering how much I can buy bulk ammo for.

Oh well... it's all about a new learning experience I guess. It just sends shivers down my spine when I think that all that hard work will be spent, 100 rounds/2 hours if I take those bullets steel shooting this weekend... (urk) I need a faster setup.

What can I say tho... I am a Chiense Cheap-ass Motherfucker : } I hope my reloads perform.
...OK other than that I also bought some new leather for Lilly my light weight Counter-Sniper Rifle.

Aptly named the CHING SLING (developed by Eric Ching of Gunsite) it's a damn cool sling that's just as good as the hype. Fast lashing for a tight grip on the rifle - the battle stick is supported well on your elbow and shoulders for any position. I kinda wish it was made out of synthetics tho since I don't fancy leather. I prefer black and synthetics on my guns.

While the LTR is great it's a far cry from my love, Lulu : ).
...while reloading tonight (knocks on wood) I was thinking, I would be very sad if I ever lost my right hand. I can't shoot, and I won't be able to draw... life would lose all meaning for me, I might as well have my head lopped off. Thanks to Gyad for my right hand.

...and to end that little ramble of hedonistic philosophy - a paraphrase from the LEE REOADING MANUAL... "While there is no scientific data that clean, POLISHED brass cases will make your ammunition more accurate, if you feel it does, then DO SO.... Because if you don't have CONFIDENCE in YOUR OWN reloads then your ammunition will never PERFORM."

I think this rather plain train of thought has facets that can be applied to many parts of our everyday lives... {I'm tired... these guns seem so cold.}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home