3.21.2006

"..in the manga" they saved the world

...on occation as you continue living, you come across a manga (time and time again) that really impresses you and humbles you - makes you think that everything you've made, written or drawn is a bunch of CRAP compared to its greatness...

That's how I feel when I read 20th Century Boys.
It is beyond words... a triumph of storytelling with no presumtous "cliches", flash, or blatant fan service. OH DA TEARS. Dramatic irony, and a twisted plotline that makes your mind go into an infinite moebius...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been following this manga from the beginning when it was posted on the Hawk Bittorrent (they took it off sadly). The drawings are amazing, and the story is deep and very philosophical; it's very rare that a manga forces me to put everything else aside so I could read the whole thing through, but this one made me. I felt that if I didn't read it all the way through (well as much as they have done right now), they'd never save the world.

I also find some similiarities between this and the stories YOU write, they both tend to make me feel the same. Keep up the meaningful work.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Thanks for the nice post :)

You do make a nice analogy.. much like a tree in the forest, can people save the world if noone is watching..

At any rate it is yoru moral obligation to keep on reading!!

http://manga.ignition-one.com/downloads.php?sid=24

(this is the latest batch I have found)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home