9.23.2007

PATTERN ga arimasu!!

It's just another episode of OCD time warp theatre : )
One of my weird hobbies is being a pack-rat. I love keeping little trinkets
- so I can rummage thru bins of GARBAGE at a later date. Kind of like scrap-booking and easter egg hunting all in one.

Tonight, while I was doing just that (and also watching Anime OPs and game trailers), I remembered a quote we had in college.

PATTERN GA ARIMASU!!
(there exists, a pattern!)

This is what we used to say when we fought video game bosses or better yet, VS fighting game human challengers, and discovered the repetitive (and once invincible) attack pattern they used and could now, counter it.

Suddenly, if you said that one line out loud, it was an ultimate truth that gave you
superhuman powers. It reminded all of us that whether in-game or in real life, any enemy, no matter how formidable has a mortal weakness by design, and CAN be defeated.

Oh... We were only freshmen then...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the GOD HAND didn't!

Worlds are colliding! 80

;)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

OH NOES!!!!! A COUNTERTRUTH! 8O

..oh wait.. which GODHAND are you referring to? (I guess I should get back into that game, if you refer to PS2)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Initial D one, of course~! :D

I really want to play the ps2 one though. It looks like so much fun. ^^

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Hand... the exception that proves the rule...

T

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home