9.05.2004

Everyone has something to say...

and you just have to listen

it was a lazy Sunday afternoon and everything was OK in the world. Spent time hanging with a few different frinds today and te time passed very quickly. I scored (scorzoroid!!) some AWESOME knives thanks to real good buddies looking out for me.. ;__; having good friends is great (thanks Wylie you OWNZOR me). that really blew me away this morning.. praise the lord for knife treasures found in back alley gun shows : D

I was pretty much driving and hanging out all day and didn't even notice the time pass between visitting knife and anime bds.. tho fun the day left me drained and wanting some me time to organize my thoughts and just relax. I am pretty spazmo like that when I get a lot of info at once. (and I need to assimilate it and digest it)

I enjoyed the pic I did yesterday of Z and TERRIBLE MASTER (Anubis) and might touch that up a bit.. I really wanted to do a page fo Tensai just for practice.. that and my new Initial D Stage 4 DVD 2 is taunting me!!!

The super detailed GUNGRAVE figure at my bud's anime place is still there.. URGH! I am hoping he will eventually want a knife from me to trade ; ) for it. but no.. NO GG DVD 3 out at his place yet :
I bought two DVDS Initial D Stage 4 DVD 2 and Luc besson's TAXI.. I hitnk I will like them both.. and ofcourse it's also a pleasure to chat and fuck around with Joe, the local Filipino Anime junkie at the store cause he is my age group and grew up with the same giant robot (etc) anime and live action Sentai (power rangers) shit as me.. it must be geeky to do RANGER poses at the bowling alley parking lot.

Tho not as bad as me seeing a bunch of fine young teenagers do their impression of SHOPPING CART JACKASS. Now that I have seen that in real life I can say my day was rounded up.

But I need to watch all of my SLAM DUNK DVDs (nostalgia) before I dive into this much talked about NARUTO.

MORE LATER hopefully : ) I still need to finish up that pic for my knife buddy's T-shirt.
That and I need to watch more ASHITA NO JOE!!! makenaizo YABUKIII JOOOOOEEEE! There were Pshonen even in the 70s and they touched all. Boxing wa suki desu ka?
(cause Joe at the anime place wants to borrow it.. ah... twisted mind lost in a Pokemon world.)


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it can't possibly be as geeky as doing old school running parallel to your friend through a parking lot facing each other the whole time in STANDOFF fashion! (we've watched too much fist of the north star and dragon ball ^^;)

I still think the Naruto tv show is overrated. I'm not a big fan of the way they made it into an anime and it feels like they totally drew it out far longer than it needed to be ^^; but the comic I like~ Ninjas are cool~

have you seen all of Gungrave yet? :3

and I should just crack down the next time I'm in HK and get some Initial D... I might as well see the hype for myself sometime... ^^;

Yuuu~

9:15 AM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Oh no I have not run the parallel shuffle across the parking lot : ) I must try that sometime : D AWESOME!!! but alas despite my fruitful visit yesterday to JUNKY SPOT, they did not have Gungrave DVD3.

If you do want to see Initial D let me know. Despite the fear that it may be heavy on the "rice rocket" mentality (and I am assuming that is what is turning you off from it cause that is what kept me away) (it s nothing like Fast and Furious and I hate FnF, except for the fact that Vin Diesel & Michelle Rodriguez were there ^___^).. it is actually not so centered on that obnoxious culture. It is just a very good story. (about you know.. the ordinary lives of extraordinary people)

-not once will you see a "halo" or whatever neon light under a car.

Ohio ohio ohio gozaimasu!! I have a deathly craving for a yellow Honda S2000 and some IN n OUT BURGER.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, crap... now I'm seriously craving some in n' out burger action here ><;;; @#$%!!! I have a severe weakness for red meat...

you MUST see all of Gungrave, wonderful, wonderful show. I've only played a bit of the game so far (my friend had it, we got past Poundmax before having to turn our attention towards other things ^^;;;) the beginning's a bit slow, but I must have stayed glued to the tv for the last 10 episodes straight, I just couldn't pull myself away from it @@;;; the ending will make you cry, I swear to god on that one ^^

I must admit that I am a bit put off by the racer culture of Initial D. It's probably due to the fact that my first college roommate was of that type, but he was also an insane psychopath druggie who tried to kill me (left a bit of a bad impression... ^^;;;) I know tons of people who like it though, so I figure it's worth my time to check out at the very least~ ^^

12:04 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

ME??? CRY?? (that's not saying much cause i cry very easily ;__;) in case you cant tell. BUt I am looknig forward to it.. To tell you the truth I did NOT like the first DVD and only thru my sheer loyalty did I buy the second one... I enjoyed it when Brandon got his hair slicked back.

Thanks for the heads up its gotten me excited again for the 3rd DVD : D

You really should play more Gungrave.. it is good with beer and a low attention span.. (which was the mood we were in at the time.. and I just loved it). It's pretty much a glorified Space Invaders.. and anyone who doesn't know what that is is a weeniezoid!!

The art in the in betweeners is just cool. Bunji was the bomb and the main reason I wanted to see GG the anime was for him. So far into the 2nd ep Bunji in the game has a meaner prescence.

Druggie, psychopath.. and a tool of destruction = not good. One reason I never wanted to try drugs.. If I did people around me would just die instantly.. I can see how that can leave a stigma.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the beginning of GG is incredibly slow. I actually picked it up COMPLETELY on a whim in HK (had enough $ for another dvd and figured why the hell not :3) and I only really started getting into it at the end of the episodes that that sucker had (8 in total), but man. Once Brandon and Harry get in the mafia, the changes Harry goes through into the power-hungry self in the first epis are so slickly done and are so well contrasted with the way Brandon himself develops (in his rather consistent, but appropriate manner ^^). Bunji vs. Brandon reminded me a lot of the Knives vs. Vash duel in Trigun (wasn't so big on that series ^^;), and the ending... they could have taken the easy way out and I would have been happy with it (I haven't beat the game, so I have no little clue how much the two are similar), but they did so much more. oh, so much more!!! :D it's not the flashiest series, but the story goes so far on its own, I haven't felt this way since I saw Berserk ^^ I'm kind of curious about the GG game sequal (Overdose? or whatever it is...), I should get back into games again... but I'd fail college ^^;

I really wish I had a PS2 to play GG... let alone a tv... ^^;;;

mmmm... beer... ^^

yeah, my roommate literally fell apart in the course of a year. I heard he had to flee to washington because of debt problems... o-O; at least it made me quite tolerant of future roommates... and at least his parents called me up to apologize for the whole year-long debacle ^^;;;

Yuuu~

3:54 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

druggie.. too bad - so sad. : p

but at any rate.. no spoilers now.. I havent seen DVD3!! but to invoke the SAME emotion as BERSERK.. humph.. this must be pretty good cause Berserk tore me apart.

the new sequel to GG is GG-OD, eventho I got the advance release from Japan I havent bought a japn PS2.. ARGH >__< the pain - the SUFFERING of how its still mint in plastic.. and yet I am so powerless..

(falls in a bottomless pit) POWEEEERLESSSS!!! HERRRUPU MEEE!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home