12.29.2004

Coffee Cheesecake

I love cheesecake.. but I made the mistake of eating a LOT for breakfast.. it was not chocolate.. but COFFEE!! DAMN!! Now I am wired all day! (I don't get this from Red Bull for some reason : p)

-SPEED - THE offensive ORGY MODE- I took delivery of 2 NEO GEO games today ; ) (I guess I can't help it at all with the nostalgia) Last blade 1 and Last blade 2. Sure you can get the ROMS off the net but there's something about those clunky BIG cartridges (it doesn't help AT ALL hanging out in www.neo-geo.com and seeing other freaks like yourself to reinforce the obsession) you can use to just bludgeong people with : ) I didn't play this much in high school - mainly cause it was not so popular so I played it alone.. cutting class and being in a noisy arcade I didn't get to appreciate the fine points of it. It has a wonderful sountrack - which at times include - silence - what a concept!! It adds a lot of charm to the story when you want trnaquility in your living room while slashing the hell out of your opponent!! - and when they do have music you get to appreciate it more.

That coupled with the FINE attention to detail that only SNK can do (sorry PLAYfrickinMORE) the nice animation (2D yeah I am trapped in the 80s) and the backgrounds are lush and reactive. There is one snow scene where the ground exposes the soil underneath on knockdown and the snow on the walls of the dojo and the branches fall when you topple your opponent an cause a 'vibration'. Now that is a game : )

Hideo Kojima (Metal gear Solid) said that unlike movies, games cannot stand the test of time and generations because they are limited to the hardware (so make the most out of it now.. HINT HINT Yuu...). Sadly that is true. But hopefully it can live on in this household!

- ULTIMATE GOD OF DESTRUCTION - having a good buddy who owns a card and anime store really has its perks. I visitted Emory today to purchase the whole GET BACKERS DVD collection and a few extras like SAMURAI CHAMPLOON (sp?) which I hear is good. Hey if Falcoon - the chara designer for KOF 2003 thinks its cool then that is as good an endoresement from me : )!!!

ANYWAYS I got a present!! 8" GUNGRAVE FIGURE! I have been lusting for this at his shop but it's one of those things you just think is too much "for a toy" and you want but never end up buying. It's a PERFECT gift. ^_^ Unlike a gift you would have bought for yourself anyways but the guy beat you to it, this is something you would never have otherwise! Now I feel guilty.

More pics soon... I was wired all day - I want to do some art for MRB and Purple: Bizarre Love pentagon (cause I was listening to NEW ORDER onthe way to the shop). I have to do Marlowe's T shirt ; ) so much to do.. thank GOD for the long weekend.. that and the closed outside world so I have to be trapped inside playing NEO GEO and/or be creative ; )

I gotta finish PURPLE: ENDLESS CHAIN too..
looking forward to BIZARRE LOVE PENTAGON.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eheheh~ ^.^;;;

I guarantee you that if the school gives me money, I'll do what any responsible college student would do and buy a PS2 (and beer :D, but for now, it's an ongoing battle between me and my wallet. thank god Meiah forgot about your PS2 offer a couple months ago, otherwise she would have bought one for xmas (she tends to overspend A LOT on gifts... o-O;;;)

not that I wouldn't be thankful, but we'd probably be better off spending that dough on... food. or rent. maybe both ^^;;

LB is indeed freaking awesome. I first played that in Japan totally on a whim with my friend, and we were both blown away instantly. I don't own a NG, but I do own a NeoGeo Color Pocket and the LB collection, which is insanely accurate to the original (but with chibis! :D)

Yuuu~

9:43 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Whoa!!! Get Backers!!! Are they the entire season?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Yep Bro. I think it's a 6 DVD set of the whole series.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home