12.20.2004

the answer

how sad it is, to have an existence built upon [regret].

I really do regret not just taking off from work (and my bro even gave me all the pertinent info) and driving to LA so I could shake Hideo Kojima's hand (Metal Gear Solid 3) Has my old age gotten me complacent and just indifferent? That is so sad that i can't just drop anything for a whim.

I sometimes wonder why I so enjoy watching old game trailers (especially OH, DA TEARS! ones.. and symphonic ones like FF7 and FF8). What a great feeling it must be to have 300 foreigners line up so they can appear foolish (yet proud) dress up as a character you created and just begging to shake your hand. What influence. While the rest of the world is busy making screwed up broken families and bitter children, there are those who so ready cultivate the minds of willing.

Maybe he has the answer. When I go to the gym or to the range it seems nowadays it doesn't help me focus, but instead blanks my mind. It seems purposeless. But the answer is in front of everyone. Everyone just wants the easy way out, and only listen to what they want to hear.

I am getting old. Next time there's a Final Fantasy Concert with the LA philharmonic orchestra I will be there! Speaking of which : ) check out the trailers here (and the Metal may Cry remix)

http://www.playstationpro2.com/Downloads.html

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

every once in a while, you gotta throw it all away for that once in a lifetime experience~ :3 though admittingly it's been a long time since I've allowed myself such a luxary ^^;;; it's the small things that count though. I did cut out of my final for an "ethics of the pharmacy industry" (a shit class full of economically ignorant tree huggers. bastards wouldn't survive 5 minutes in the real world >B) so I could go to spring gasshuku with my old ICU buddies in the snow-covered fields of Yamanashi-ken. it was all worth it~ (and I just took the final after I came back XD)

Yuuu~

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only played DMC once, but the remix was very, very cool :3

Good news for you bwa! The FF concert in LA, CA was such a success that Nobuo Uematsu has decided to take the sucker NATIONWIDE! I don't know what their plans are as of this moment, but I do know that they are currently planning a performance in Chicago. I'd guess they'd do something in New York next, and then who knows? Uematsu's been a hot topic lately (featured in Time magazine for bringing game music to the pop culture forefront if iirc), so maybe they'll drop by somewhere accessable to you as well ^_^

And I would also like to hear your (S) opinion about the upcoming Advent Children flick. Having just finished VII recently, I must say that I'm anticipating it's arrival, though I certainly don't approve of some of the details it entails (I mean, c'mon. Rufus no selling a laser attack from a Weapon? Psh~). I know J probably wants to sitout-powerbomb me for that though ;B

Yuuu~

12:16 AM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

where do I download the Advent Children trailers? I saw the ones posted on Yuu's site a while back.. did they do any new ones in the last month or so??

Overall I have fond memories of waiting for it.. I was expecting the FF movie to be Advent Chidren and was disappointed that they did an "original story"

Merry Xms buds : )

-Sincerely, the local tong...

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the official Square website for the flick has all the trailers up to date. There's supposedly some new one flashing brief views of Sephiroth, but it hasn't been released publically yet ^^;

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

Yuuu~

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Hmm.. just saw the Veni Veni Venias trailer. Lokoing forward to seeing more of Vincent and Tifa : ) but other than that I don't think the screenplay of the trailer is as moving.

I will be seeing it with buds in San Jo when it comes out.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want a better idea of the plotline, I have a (semi-bootleg) translated transcription of a 25-minute trailer that was shown in Canada for AC a while ago. I can mail you the textfile if you want it. ^^

Ex Animo
J.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Thanks for the offer : ) tho I'd be better to keep some sort of suspense I think...

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home