12.07.2004

it's 1 AM, time to wake up [boy];

it's time to witness [passion]



My Bro (#3) is pretty cool... he's more into the gaming junkie scene than I am, and sends me all these cool links. The lastest one we are anticipating is the new SAINT SEIYA fighting game on PS2. After sifting thru it, I can't help but be nostalgic.

My family could never understand why I was so into it back in grade school (tho I think all kids would be much better people if they had watched it) (hell, I placed an order for the entire TV series on DVD and my 'dealer', and I quote, said; "Saint Seiya? What's wrong with you dude~!?!" ^__^)

It was shown on weekday mornings. That would mean that I would sleep 8PM every night, set my alarm for 1AM JUST so I could watch it - sure, I could have TAPED IT, but that would mean I couldn't talk about it in school the next day with the buds.

Maybe I am old and grumpy but I think memories are sweeter that way.

I always liked Shiryuu (not sure of the name since I watched it all in Cantonese, I have trouble with the Japanese special moves actually) cause he had SHORYUUKEN ^_^ that and all the guys and girls at school liked him. When I was 13 I ended up liking Ikki... and now I can't help but like the character I didn'tpay as much attention to - Hyouga.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMFG YOU ARE MY HERO XD XD XD

Badass swan-boy Hyouga... I was such a total spaz when I was reading the santuary saga and he faced off against Camus, it was probably the most epic thing I had ever read in my life X3 it takes a REAL man to flap his arms like a bird, have a freakin' goose head attached to his helmet, and STILL be the most badass character on the entire show! (well, at least in my opinion :3)

uuuurrrgggghhh... another reason to get a ps2...

Yuuu~

10:50 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

well I should be getting my DVD set for Saint Seiya sooner or later.. so along with my Neo Geo.. this is one for the history books : )

"it takes a REAL man to flap his arms like a bird, have a freakin' goose head attached to his helmet, and STILL be the most badass character on the entire show!"

I couldn't have said it any better myself Yuu.
PS2 is calling you...

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just out of question, is the Hades saga oavs included in the pack of SS that you ordered? or have you seen it before? (these are new SS episodes made two years ago iirc)

Yuuu~

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home