11.13.2004

I think I need therapy...

xen·o·phile  (n.) A person attracted to that which is foreign, especially to foreign peoples, manners, or cultures.

READ THIS - SO FUNNY!
The Official Guide to Getting a Girl to Play Samurai Shodown V With You
Eventhough you do not like to play VS video games, are a feminist, a moose hunter or even a wayward republican - I think you will enjoy. If not then you are not human and belong in the woods with Ted Kizinski-kinnini.

Anyways back to my thoughts.. I think need therapy. For some unfathomable reason (probably God is snickering at me), I CANNOT for the life of me speak Japanese when there are native Japanese speakers around. I went to YUME Sushi today (I didnt like their T shirt/tank top design : (..) and I think Hide-san qas quite perplexed at why I was not speaking at all with a group of middle aged Japanese friends sitting next to me chatting up a storm. It don't matter if they are male or female, young or old, moose hunter or democrat... i just can't do it. Well maybe its OK if its a very old lady cause they're used to talking to their grandkids who have about the same amount of vocab as I do (except they dont speak in gangster inflections ORA OI!)

Sure I can speak to Hide-san or Taka-san at Angelfish (somewhat) but something in my body just won't speak. Some biological block I have in me - kinda like Final Fantasy 7.

I think I need to go back into elementary Japanese and ridicule some nerdy otaku who can only quote Ranma! That or piledriver then FIGURE FOUR LEG LOCK some Japanese kindergarten kids.

hardest word for me to say around ANYONE is "GOCHISOU SAMA DESHITA. (Thank you for the meal - or something)" I can say it in the shower all day but not to a live person. WHY GOD WHY!!?!?

..... ¬_¬;;

anyways, I am in love with the owner of the local Thai restaurant. Mrs. Atchara and her cute daughters just drove over to my house to give me some home made desert!!! OH SO EASILY BRIBED I AM!

OK I will eat sweet globulously slimey balls of multicoloured carbo-evil now. Its getting late to draw. I think I will put in RETURNER or some low impact DVD while I clean my M1A and Little LTR (who is now named yet).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, don't worry about it, I totally feel you on that one. I totally freeze up around native speakers unless I a). know them, or b). I'm drunk :B I wouldn't even speak to the lady at Kinokuniya (FINALLY went, but it's small, and no Naruto 23 or Tenjou Tenge 11!!! TT) in Japanese until... I went back up to the counter later and she started speaking without looking to see who I was (I asked her about some books earlier ^^;) so fear not! you're not alone!

and I'd join you in piledriving those kids if they weren't so damn adorable (they had a kindergarden right by ICU... I'm sure I'd think they were brats if I hung around them long enough, but watching them play outside was a small, innocent pleasure to me ^^)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

Well it is good to be understood ^__^ oh well its me or them.. pilrdriver!!! Urgh.. suddenly I am getting.. hungry...

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get over that, let me know how. I still can't speak Japanese w/ a native speaker. Hell, I have trouble speaking Mandarin with a native speaker and I'm Chinese. -_-;;

Sensoo

10:55 AM  
Blogger Sniperboy said...

I will let you know Sus : )
Beer helps.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...Heh...but I don't like beer?

*hangs head*

And I'm a college student, I know, I know.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home