11.03.2004

YOU WIN!!!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS - WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! NO TIME FOR LOSERS CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!

It's time to peel off those bumper stickers people...

TODAY'S DREAM TEAM



I am terribly surprised about how cool KOF 2003 is.. I had to have it because the chara designs (artwork) were done by FALCOON *__* I don't think that they modified the actual sprites.

But yes I do not know about the politics but the game starts out brandishing "SNK/NEO GEO" then "SNK/PLAYMORE"... What does it mean?? Is SNK back or are they just using smoke and mirrors??

Despite that this weeknd with no internet connection I spent hooking up my speakers, playing video games like old times, and loading magazines in case there was riotting in the streets here in Kalifornia come Wednesday morning...

Overall I was surprised that the game returned to it's roots. No strikers and the "feel" seems to mimic the old SNK design. Good music, Pretty cool graphics (NICE backgrounds) and smooth physics. I am still trying to figure out what the advantages of switching players out is tho...

Observations and Comments:
  • With the new tag out system - We only get one "opening vocal exchange" and one "winning quote" per battle now.. boring. : (
  • Yamazaki is more insane than Iori. WOAH '_' you should see his leader-SDM.
  • White blood/sweat effects. ; )
  • Throw piority is very high for this game, you end up throwing the guy eventho you didn't want to - and it seems to make you cheesy.
  • They made K' insanely powerful.
  • Joe remains fun to play with : ).
  • For some reason I can't pull off DMs for some characters eventho I can pull it off with others (and the motion is the same) weird.
  • 3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm glad you like ze' 03 :D

    My big problem with the tag system was that there's little practical use for it in the game. They actually changed the combo system a little so that damage begins to cap itself off the more hits you get (for example, you might notice that Kyo's mushiki sdm does more damage when uncomboed rather than comboed), so the most significant thing you could use tags for (tag combos) is rendered sort of... useless (besides the "cool" factor, of course~) it's a smooth way to trade characters though (I always found that doing "normal" tagging versus the super comboable tag was an easy way to say "hitmeplzthnks" to your opponent ><;), which I guess helps if you find using a certain charac better against another. but generally I found it as unpolished as the striker system when it was first introduced back in 99. I dunno, it's in no way bad, I just hope they find better ways to implement it in 04~

    and they nerfed Whip! My lovely hip-shaking dominatrix Whip! *sniff* ;B

    7:01 PM  
    Blogger Sniperboy said...

    Well hopefully with more reading and experiments I can understand what value switching does. I hoped that you coudl combo switching which would extend the chain, (hmm sounds like a Striker system : p)

    Bummer on the combo cap >_< do you think that there'll be a KOF 2004? The "good ending" I've seen leaves it pretty open.

    9:46 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have some 03 combo vids, you can get them from this site if you want to check them out (not much, but it gives you an idea of the possibilities:
    http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/main.htm

    I've heard a couple rumors out right now, one being that 04 will be the very last mvs game that snk puts out. however, there's been absolutely nothing released by snk yet, so some are speculating that 04 is being produced for atmoswave and that it will either be delayed or skipped altogether. this falls in line with the rumors that snk will abandon the year titles in the future, but nothing's been confirmed yet. iirc, 03 info came late last year too, so who knows? there will DEFINITELY be more kof though, the saga may just not come as soon as we might expect~

    Yuuu~

    12:38 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home